Prof. Dr. Joachim Schmidt
Address: Aachener Straße 1021 B, Koeln, Nordrhein-Westfalen, 50858, Germany
About the Doctor / Professional
Prof. Dr. Schmidt offers his patients 30 years of professional experience with over 10,000 performed operations in his field. He belongs to the circle of internationally recognized specialists in the field of endoprosthetics of the hip and knee joint. The therapy and surgical rocedures he uses are based exclusively on the highest international standards. So he stands with his work for medical peak care:
- Significantly lower complication rates than the national average (BQS report)
- Conception and implementation of standardized treatment pathways (Medical Pathways)
- Introduction and consistent implementation of the Rapid Recovery Program for patients with hip and knee endoprostheses in Orthoparc since 2011
- Certified Pain Management in close collaboration with the Department of Anesthetics
- Numerous national and international writings and lectures
Degree: Human Medicine at the University of Cologne 2001
Residency: Hospital Maria-Hilf Bergheim
- 1983 Sports Medicine Department, sports school of the Bundeswehr Warendorf
- 1984 Surgical Training Hospital Maria-Hilf Bergheim
- 1985 - 1989 Specialist Training Clinic and Polyclinic for Orthopedics of the University of Cologne
- 1989 - 1998 Senior Physician at the Clinic and Polyclinic for Orthopedics at the University of Cologne
- 1999 - 2010 Chief Physician and Medical Dirk Trinity Hospital
- 2004 - 2010 Affiliated Physician and Medical Director Park-Klinik Köln, Private Clinic for Orthopedics
- 2010 Foundation Orthoparc Klinik Köln, establishment in the Trinity Hospital
- 2011 Opening of the Orthoparc Clinic in Cologne Junkersdorf
- Since 2011 Medical Director and Chief Physician Endoprosthetics Orthoparc Clinic Cologne
Procedures Performed : 10,000
- Top 20 Orthopedists in Cologne on Jameda
- Practical implementation of the treatment pathways in knee and hip arthroplasty.
- Advanced training: Orthopedics / Traumatology 11.
- Removal of well-fixed or porous-coated cementless stems in total hip revision arthroplasty.
- Clinical experiences with an endoscopically controlled new device for extraction of the cement plug in the hip revision arthroplasty.
- Reduction of fat embolic risks total in hip arthroplasty using cannulated awls and rasps for the preparation of the femoral canal.
- Modified intracorporeal lithotripsy for cement removal Hip Replacement Operations - Experimental Basics.
- Is instillation drainage for the treatment of infected joints, bones and soft tissues still up to date? Arch.
- The lumbar syndrome as an occupational disease and preventive measures.
- The transprosthetic drainage system for the optimized cementation of Hip endoprosthesis shafts. Operative Orthopedics and Traumatology 8: 239-242
- Advantage of the transprosthetic drainage system (TDS) for application in cemented hip arthroplasty – a standardized experimental comparison with other cementing techniques.
- Removal of bone cement from the femoral canal using an acoustic emission controlled milling device.
- Clinical use of the simple 3-d-calculation in scoliosis.
- The primary stability of intertrochanteric osteotomies. An experimental comparison of techniques.
- Optimization of dynamic compression in angle plate osteosynthesis by static interfragmenter compression - experimental results.
- International Patient Coordinator
- Language Interpreters
- Medical Records Transfer
- German Society for Orthopedics and Traumatology
- Professional Association of Doctors for Orthopedics
- South German Orthopedic Association
- Member of the Examination Committee of the Ärzkammer Nordrhein