Prof. Dr. Tobias Tenenbaum
Address: Fanningerstraße 32, Berlin, Berlin, 10365, Germany
About the Doctor / Professional
Prof. Dr. Tobias Tenenbaum is Head of the Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine at Sana Hospital Lichtenberg. He has extensive experience not only in pediatric and adolescent medicine, but also in important neighboring disciplines such as neonatology, gastroenterology, neuropediatrics, hematology and oncology.
In addition to his medical practice, Professor Tobias Tenenbaum is actively involved in clinical training and research. In the past, he was awarded the Young Investigator Award by the European Society of Pediatric Infectious Diseases for his work on the importance of the blood-liquor barrier. To date, he has contributed to more than 90 publications in peer-reviewed journals.
Professor Tobias Tenenbaum has been recognized for his outstanding medical expertise and innovative research with, among others, the Focus Award for TOP Physician in Infectious Diseases.
- Pediatric Neonatology
- Pediatric Intensive Care
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases and Pulmonology
Degree: Justus Liebig University Giessen, Germany
- 2000 - Pediatric training at the Clinic for General Pediatrics, Heinrich-Heine-University, Düsseldorf
- 2005 - 2007 - Pediatric Infectious Diseases Fellowship of the German Society of Pediatric Infectious Diseases (DGPI)
- 2007 - Specialization Pediatric Infectious Diseases according to an European curriculum
- 2007 - Consultant in Pediatrics
- 2008 - National certificate for the general “Infectious Diseases” specialization
- 2008 - Senior Physician position, University Children`s Hospital Mannheim
- 2010 - Habilitation (Venia legendi)
- 2012 - Specialization in Pediatric Pulmonology
- 2013 - Associate professor in Pediatrics
- 2017 - Antibiotic Stewardship Specialist
- 2020 - Head indisciplinary Day-care-clinic
- Since 2021 - Head of Department, Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine at Sana Hospital Lichtenberg, Specialization in Pediatric Allergy
- Young Investigator Award by the European Society of Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- Focus Award TOP Physician - Infectology (Since 2019)
- Infectious Diseases Treatment
- Pediatrics Consultation
- German Society of Pediatric Infectious Diseases (Secretary and Board member 2011-2017)
- European Society of Pediatric Infectiology (Treasurer 2011-2017)
Prof. Dr. Tobias Tenenbaum began his clinical training and research activities in the field of pediatric infectiology with a focus on meningitis pathogenesis in 2000 at the Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf.