Prof. Olivier Jegaden
Address: Airport Road, Next to Zayed Sports City, Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
About the Doctor / Professional
Pr. Olivier Jegaden is well-respected cardiac surgeon with outstanding surgical experience and academic background. He was a leading surgeon in the second cardiovascular surgical and transplant centre in France. He was highly instrumental in the building and development of the most active French heart centre in mini-invasive and robotic cardiac surgery. He has been a clinical investigator and consultant to the cardiovascular industry for the past 25 years and author of widely published clinical and fundamental research, with over 190 publications in peer-review journals.
He is an expert in total arterial revascularisation for coronary disease, minimally invasive valve repair and transcatheter valve replacement. He has a 30-year experience in cardiac surgery and performed more than 4500 cardiac operations.
His core competencies are:
- Arterial grafting in coronary artery surgery
- Mitral valve repair, aortic valve repair
- Aortic root surgery and valve sparing surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery, video-assisted surgery
- Robotic surgery
- Transcatheter valve replacement (TAVI/TAVR)
Prof. Jegaden was named Professor of Surgery in the Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of Case Western Reserve University in Ohio, USA, in May 2015.View Contact Details
- Dec 2017 till date - Consultant Cardiac Surgeon at Mediclinic Airport Road Hospital, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi, UAE
- 2005 - Visiting doctor at Zayed Military Hospital, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- 2002-2005 - Head of the Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular surgery at CHU of Lyon, France and Director of the institutional programmes for transplantation and robotic surgery.
- 1996 till date - Professor of Cardiac Surgery at CHU of Lyon, France
Procedures Performed : 4,500
- Prof. Jegaden was highly involved in the set up and the development of this new high-tech center at Cleveland Clinic, Abu Dhabi.
- He was highly instrumental in the building and development of the most active French heart center in mini-invasive and robotic cardiac surgery.
- European Association for Cardio-thoracic Surgery
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- American Association for Thoracic Surgery