Prof. Ziad Bashshur
Address: Dubai Healthcare City, PO Box 505054, District 1, Al Razi Building 64, Block E, Floor 3, Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
About the Doctor
Dr. Ziad Bashshur is a visiting Ophthalmologist specialising in Medical and Surgical Retina at Moorfields Eye Hospital Dubai in Dubai Healthcare City. He holds a Doctor of Medicine Diploma from the American University of Beirut (AUB) in 1994. He has also completed an internship in internal medicine at Georgetown/VA medical center (1994-1995) followed by ophthalmology residency training at AUB (1995-1998) and a vitreoretinal fellowship at the University of Virginia, USA.He has more than 22 years of regional/international experience in vitreoretinal diseases and surgery in countries including United States and Lebanon.
Dr. Bashshur has undertaken research in retinal diseases and has published over 50 research papers on macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, vascular diseases of the retina and retinal imaging in leading journals. In addition, he sits on several advisory boards within the medical industry.
He regularly speaks at professional meetings worldwide and serves on the review board of several renowned peer-reviewed ophthalmology journals.View Contact Details
Degree: American University of Beirut (AUB)
Residency: American University of Beirut (AUB) & University of Virginia, USA
- Visiting Ophthalmologist specializing in Medical and Surgical Retina at Moorfields Eye Hospital Dubai
- Currently a tenured professor and vice-chairman of Ophthalmology at the American University of Beirut
- Worked in leading medical institutions such as American University of Beirut in Lebanon and University of Virginia in the US
- American Society of Retina Specialists (ASRS)
- Retina Society and Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society