Dr. med. Erwin Lenz
Address: Rummelsberg 71 Schwarzenbruck, Schwarzenbruck, Bavaria, Germany
About the Doctor / Professional
Dr. med. Erwin Lenz is a Specialist in Trauma Surgery - Orthopedics and is currently the Head of the Department of Alternating and Special Endoprosthetics and Septic Revision Endoprosthetics, dealing with special endoprosthetics on the hip and knee joint.
The focal point of the Department of Alternating and Special Endoprosthetics and Septic Revision Endoprosthetics is dealing with difficult conditions in artificial joint operations, such as the so-called multiple changes (change operations after previous changes), where defects are treated with specially developed implants, such as modular implants or special constructions made to measure (custom-made implants).
Dr. Lenz has previously worked in Frankenwaldklinik Kronach and Parkklinik Leipzig as Head of Department for Trauma Surgery and Senior Physician for Orthopedic-Traumatologic Center respectively. He was also Assisting Physician in Trauma and General Surgery in Klinikum Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Knappschafts-Krankenhaus Dortmund and Klinikum Garmisch-Partenkirchen.
- Director of the Center for Artificial and Special Endoprosthetics, Septic Revision Endoprosthetics - Rummelsberg Hospital - 2019
- Head of Department, Artificial and Special Endoprosthetics, Septic Revision Endoprosthetics - Rummelsberg Hospital - 2010 till date
- Senior Physician, Department of Artificial and Special Endoprosthetics, Septic Revision Endoprosthetics - Rummelsberg Hospital - 2008-2010
- Head of Department, Trauma Surgery - Frankenwaldklinik Kronach - 2006-2008
- Senior Physician, Orthopedic-Traumatologic Center - Parkklinik Leipzig - 2000-2006
- Assissting Physician, Trauma Surgery - Klinikum Garmisch-Partenkirchen - 1995-2000
- Assisting Physician, General Surgery - Knappschafts-Krankenhaus Dortmund - 1992-1995
- Assisting Physician, General Surgery - Klinikum Garmisch-Partenkirchen - 1988-1992
- Congenital Hip Dislocation Treatment
- Deformity Correction
- Endoprosthetic Replacement
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Hip Dysplasia
- Knock Knees Treatment
- Orthopedics Consultation
- Prosthetic Joint Infection
- Revision Surgeries
- Septic Endoprosthetics
- Special 3D Printer Prosthetics
- Special Endoprosthetics
Since 2019, our Department has been recognized as a center for alternating and special endoprosthetics, and septic revision endoprosthetics. The main focus of the center is special endoprosthetics of the hip and knee joint. We deal with difficult conditions in artificial joint operations, such as replacement operations after previous replacements. Often additional replacement operations of the subsequent bones are necessary (partial pelvic replacement, femur replacement, partial tibia replacement). Infected artificial joints require a special methodology. Here we are particularly specialized in therapies in case of antimicrobial resistance ("multidrug resistant bacteria"). Defects are treated with specially developed implants. If the available implant systems no longer meet the complex requirements, we manufacture special implants specially adapted to the individual patient. Based on the values of a 3D CT of the region in question, a 3D printer made of titanium produces the special custom-made prosthesis. The necessary plastic replacement operations of the endoprosthetics are carried out by us, the physicians, personally. Among these, for example, are skin transplants, pedicled muscle flap plastics, or bone transplants from our own certified bone bank. Due to a system of logistics adapted to such special situations, solutions are always available, even in extremely difficult situations.