Dr. Ramón Aurell
Address: Carrer de Vilana, 12, 08022 Barcelona, Barcelona, Catalunya, 08022, Spain
About the Doctor / Professional
Dr. Ramón Aurell is a renowned gynecologist with expertise in Assisted Reproduction and Family Medicine. With extensive training in London as a reproductive medicine researcher at Hammersmith Hospital, Dr. Ramón Aurell has been a full member of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE) since 1999, the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM), and the Spanish Society of Gynaecology and Obstetrics (SEGO) since 2000. During his career, he has written over 250 publications.
He has participated in several projects, conferences, and sessions, in addition to being published in prestigious national and international journals and books. During his nine years in the United Kingdom, he received extensive training in General Gynecology and Obstetrics, focusing on laparoscopic surgery and high-risk pregnancies. He consolidated his expertise in Reproductive Medicine over seven years as a research fellow in Assisted Reproduction in the United Kingdom and at the Institut Universitari Dexeus.
He is currently the Medical Director of the Assisted Reproduction team at Hospital Quirónsalud Barcelona, Hospital General de Cataluña, Hospital el Pilar, and IVF LAB Director at Teknon Hospital, in Barcelona. With his enthusiasm, effectiveness, responsiveness and always trying to do the best for couples, his objective is to create a Reference Unit on a national and international level.He has participated in different projects, conferences, sessions and published in journals and books of recognised national and international prestige. He is International speaker in MERCK, and has been lecturing and visiting IVF Clinics all over the world.View Contact Details
Degree: Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB)
Residency: Hammersmith Hospital - London, UK
- 1999-2007: Specialist in Gynecology, Obstetrics and Reproductive Medicine at the Dexeus University Institute, Barcelona
- Head of the Obstetrics team
- Head of the IVF team
- Delivery Room Coordinator
- Dexeus International Coordinator
- Artificial Insemination
- Egg Donation
- Egg Freezing
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
- IVF Consultation
- Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD)
- Reproductive Medicine Consultation
- European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE).
- Spanish Association of Fertility (SEF), affiliated with the International Federation of Fertility Societies.
- Spanish Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics (SEGO).
- Catalan Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics
Blogs and Articles
In the last few decades, remarkable advances have been made in assisted reproductive technology. For those struggling with infertility, assisted reproductive technology can help with successful conception, with newer techniques developed over time.