WHAT YOU CAN DO ABOUT SIGNS OF AGING
What is aging?
Aging is a natural process which everyone has to go through with time. Although it is discouraging and tough to handle for those who are cosmetically concerned, it is an inevitable process. However there are some ways which are proven to be effective against certain signs of aging up to a certain level.
Anti-aging and regenerative medicine is highly specialized, therefore before embarking on any such procedure; you have to make sure that you select a trusted health professional who is specialized and well experienced in this regard. If these procedures are not performed properly, the results could be devastating. Searching online will help you to find a professional who is qualified and affordable. Here are some common signs of aging and ways to combat them
The skin under your jaws and neck become loosened with time due to low collagen levels. When you age, the production of collagen in the body also reduces. Collagen is the protein which is essential building block of skin and connective tissue in the body. Collagen and elastin keeps our skin firm and full. Skin becomes lax when collagen is reduced.
- Fraxel LASER treatment – This uses LASER light to make skin tighter and improves the texture of skin
- Using radio frequency and light devices Ex: Infrared , red and amber light waves
Aging makes our skin dry. Gradually fine lines appear around eyes and mouth. Excessive sun exposure accelerates wrinkle formation due to UV damage.
- Anti-aging creams containing emollients, retinoid, glycolic acid etc.
- Botulinum toxin (BOTOX) – This is a neurotoxic protein produced by a bacterium called Clostridium botulinum. This toxin is used as a cosmetic medicine to reduce wrinkles.
- Chemical peeling – Certain chemicals like TCA and glycolic acid is used to peel off outer layers of skin, thus reducing scars and wrinkles.
- Injectable fillers – Soft tissue filler injected to skin to help filling facial wrinkles and restore a smoother appearance
- Microderm abrasion – Outer layer of skin is removed using chemicals and electronic equipment.
- Rhytidectomy (face lift) – a cosmetic surgery done to give a youthful facial appearance.
When you grow older, your feet can get weaker. Therefore sore feet are a common problem in elderly. Bunions (Hallux valgus) is a painful bony prominence, which develop at the big toe joint over inner surface of foot leading to sore feet. They develop gradually and pressure on the big toe joint causes the big toe to lean and overlap against 2nd toe.
- Surgical correction of hallux valgus
- Cortisone injection to reduce pain, swelling and inflammation
- Wear comfortable shoes supporting big toe joint, using bunion correctors/ splints
Flat breasts/ sagging breasts
The older you get, your breasts will be sagging. This is mainly because of reducing fat content of the breast. This can make you feel old and less attractive. Although wearing a push up bra will support them up, it does not treat the problem.
- Plastic surgery (Mastopexy) – can restore your breasts to a more youthful appearance
- Surgical breast implants (Silicon, Saline implants)
Prosthesis is used to enhance the size, shape and contour of a woman’s breast.
- Breast augmentation (Augmentation mammoplasty) – Breast size is increased by placing implants under breast tissue or chest muscles.
There are several reasons behind thinning of hair such as aging, stress, child birth, hormonal imbalance, malnutrition, certain medical conditions (chronic kidney disease, SLE), certain medications used to treat illnesses like cancer chemo therapy etc.
Treating the cause behind hair loss helps regrowth of hair.
Ex: Reducing stress by practicing yoga, meditation techniques, eating a nutritional diet
- Use of Minoxidil ( Brand – Rogaine) stimulate hair growth by increasing blood flow to scalp
- Use of Esuchen hair care products including leave on hair serums
- Regular injection of PRP (platelet rich plasma) to stimulate hair growth
- Hair transplant
As aging reduces collagen production, the blood vessels on skin become more prominent. Age spots can occur on hands with time.
- Use of fillers
- LASER treatment
- Photodynamic therapy which rejuvenates collagen production
Whatever the aging symptom which bothers you and whatever the method you choose, you have to go to a qualified specialist. If not the wrong techniques can give rise to many unwanted health issues and wastage of your money.
Some anti-aging tips and home remedies
- Hydrating yourself well – drink at least 1.5 – 2 liters of water daily unless contraindicated (such as in chronic kidney disease)
- Eat a balanced, healthy, nutritional diet – There are a variety of essential nutrients that prevent negative effects of aging such as vitamin A, B, C, E, K, proteins and certain fatty acids (omega 3)
- Consumption of anti- oxidant rich foods – fruits (Avocado, strawberries, oranges, banana), almonds, green leaves
- Avoid caffeine as much as possible – caffeine acts like a diuretic which depletes your body from moisture. When skin gets dehydrated it becomes dry and dull.
- Quit smoking – Nicotine in cigarettes causes narrowing of blood vessels in the outer layers of skin, which impairs the blood flow. Reduced blood flow prevents oxygen and other nutrients reaching skin, making it prematurely wrinkle and sag.
- Prevent stress – Chronic stress accelerates premature aging by changing the structure of DNA. When the structural integrity weakens, cells age faster and die younger. Practice yoga and meditation techniques to reduce stress.
- Getting a good sleep of at least 7-8 hours at a stretch – a good sleep makes you well rested and relaxed. Troublesome and disturbed sleep will make us age faster.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure – The UV light in sun rays cause our skin to age faster. By using a good sun screen (SPF 30-50) and wearing protective clothing, using umbrellas will help sun damage and thus reduce signs of aging.
- Use a good moisturizer to keep skin soft and supple and to prevent drying. When skin is dry, wrinkles become prominent.
- Regular exercise – Engaging yourself in a proper and regular exercise routine will help you stay fit and healthy
To search for anti aging and anti aging regenerative medicine procedures at plastic surgery centers or dermatology centers wordlwide, please use the Mya Care Search Engine.
Disclaimer: Please note that Mya Care does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. The information provided is not intended to replace the care or advice of a qualified health care professional. The views expressed are personal views of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Mya Care. Always consult your doctor for all diagnoses, treatments, and cures for any diseases or conditions, as well as before changing your health care regimen. Do not reproduce, copy, reformat, publish, distribute, upload, post, transmit, transfer in any manner or sell any of the materials in this blog without prior written permission from myacare.com.
For most women, hysterectomy is a significant point in their lives. Whether the surgical removal of the uterus is done for endometriosis, fibroids, or gynecological cancer, life after hysterectomy permanently changes a few aspects of your life.
Between the decades of 1910 and 1920, Dr. Ludwig Roemheld studied the phenomenon in which patients suffering from digestive problems and no detectable heart issues would experience cardiac symptoms.
Piriformis syndrome and herniated discs are painful conditions of the back. Both can cause sciatica. Sciatica is a type of pain that affects your lower back and legs. It occurs due to irritated or compressed sciatic nerve. The sciatic nerve travels down the back to the legs.